Wednesday 24 April 2013

Loveable Livable Trends: Patterned Cement Tile

One of my favorite new ideas is actually a very old idea. Think ancient Moroccan: vibrant colours, elaborate scroll work and patterned tile. Lately, patterned cement tiles are making somewhat of a resurgence and their addition to sparse, modern interiors is, in my mind, a very welcome one.
I am so coveting this bathroom!
Elegant Tiled Hallway

Such a fun space!

I think this image is supposed to be about the couch (which is gorgeous!), but those floors!!!!

I have a confession to make. I (yes, even I) sometimes grow weary of pure, white, minimalist, modernism with its horizontal lines, right angles and no pattern. Don't get me wrong, I'm still a modernist who is allergic to nicknacks and clutter. Its just that sometimes a little character and pattern are a refreshing addition to the modern asthetic.
Blue and White Delight

Great Dining Space

Fantastic White and Black Entry

Another great take on black and white.

Tiny but well appointed kitchen.
Wowza!

There is something about pristine white walls juxtaposed against the chaotic pattern of the concrete tile that is just so right. I love it! If I had the right space, I would totally do this. How about you? What do you think of this trend??


No comments:

Post a Comment