Wednesday 3 April 2013

Loveable Livable Trends: Plywood/Chipboard

Plywood Cabin Interior
As in my previous trend post, I must reiterate that I am not a fan of "trends" and don't recommend following them just because it's the latest thing. This is true especially in the design world, where following trends would become an expensive hobby very fast. Not to mention that the idea of trends feeds into our already rabidly consumerist driven society. However, this does not mean that I don't try to keep up with what is happening in the design world - because I absolutely do. And when there is a trend that I think is interesting, innovative and has major staying power, that's when I'll share it with you.
Chipboard Stairs
Plywood and other raw wood products such as chipboard have been trending as a finish to everything from furniture to taking the place of drywall on walls for a while now and I see no signs of this trend slowing down.
All Plywood Stairwell
I love this look for its raw, deconstructionist look. I also love that it is a statement about how beautiful frugality can be and that we don't always need to use the most expensive, current materials to make a space look beautiful and function durably. 
Plywood Ceiling, Upcycled Cabel Reels as Table and Crates as Shelving
Plywood and Concrete
Textural Repetition
OSB
Awesome Plywood Shelving
Do you have a favorite trend or design element? Would love to here your feedback!

2 comments: